Posted May 6th 2016
2016 Summer festivals we are looking forward to
Festival season is now upon us, and the weather is reflecting our excitement for the coming months. We are very much looking forward to these warmer months to complement the following festivals! Here’s some highlights from the MV team:
1 BRIGHTON FESTIVAL (7-29 May) has some decent music nights: African dance party on the 13th at the Corn Exchange; and a modern classical night on the 10th May hosted by FatCat at the Spire, St Mark’s Chapel. It’s an opportunity to see a great new church space in East Brighton. There’s also a lot of free arty things to see at Fabrica, Uni of Brighton, Lighthouse. In the Fringe, the Marlborough theatre programme looks bonkers, but with challenging and funny theatre; (The 4D cinema night on the 29/30th May stands out).
2. CONTRAPOP (mid-August), put together by Extra Normal records. I hope this happens again, it’s a free festival on Ramsgate beach in a tent. Experimental, good quality, artistically interesting, and entertaining. Last year they had Pierre Bastien and Golden Teachers.
3. SEA CHANGE (26-27 August) at the end of August in Totnes, curated by the local Drift Record shop. This looks like a sweet small festival with a good BBC 6 music style line-up: from Ultimate Painting to Richard Dawson
3. COLOUR OUT OF SPACE (8 – 10 August)
1. 2000 TREES (7 – 9 July)
Arcane Roots, Max Raptor, The Xcerts
2. DOWNLOAD (10 – 12 June)
Twin Atlantic, Royal Republic, Black Peaks
3. BRAVALLA (30 June – 2 July)
Biffy Clyro, Volbeat, Flogging Molly
1. PADDLE AROUND THE PIER (2 – 3 July)
3. READING AND LEEDS FESTIVAL (26 – 28 July)