Posted July 19th 2018
10 things we love about Amadou & Mariam
Amadou and Mariam are a French speaking duo from Mali that are playing at Concorde 2 this Friday!
Here’s 10 things we LOVE about Amadou and Mariam
1. They’ve been making and playing music together for now over 30 years.
2. Over the years they’ve worked with amazing artists like Damon Albarn of Blur and Gorillaz.
3. Labelled ‘the blind couple from Mali’ they continue to provide a colourful, empowering and interesting show.
4. After they met at Mali’s Bamako Institute for the Young Blind they had a large influence over the artistic programs in the school.
6. Their use of rock guitars mixing with a traditional Mali sound.
8. They’ve supported bands such as Blur, Coldplay and U2.
10. In 2011 they became the ambassadors for the World Food Programme.